Since its inception the Basilica of Saint Mary was always intended to be a place of worship, a haven of beauty, and a beacon of hope.
Our church was commissioned by Archbishop Ireland (1838-1918) and designed by French architect Emmanuel Masqueray (1861-1917) in a beaux-arts style. It was intended to house the relocated parish of the Immaculate Conception, founded in 1868.more
The Basilica School building was constructed in 1913, actually opening for students nearly a year before the church was ready to hold its first Mass.more
Bells of Saint Mary
The Basilica bells were forged at the Royal Eijsbouts foundry in the Netherlands.more
The Cowley Center was designed in 1966 by the architectural firm, Voigt & Fourre as a residence for the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet who provided instruction at The Basilica School.more
John XXIII Gallery
Art exhibited has ranged from textiles, to wood, to canvas, to sculpture, to photography, to multi-media installations.more