Our Mission Core Purpose
As disciples of Jesus Christ we:
- Practice biblical stewardship
- Share our faith with others in word and deed
- Pursue ecumenical and interfaith relationships
- Extend Christian hospitality
- Rejoice in rich diversity
As Co-Cathedral of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis we are committed to provide:
- Inspiring liturgies and sacred arts
- Transforming life-long learning opportunities
- Engaging service to one another and justice for all
Our Vision What We Intend to Create
The Basilica of Saint Mary aspires to be a:
- Home of Spiritual Nourishment - We aspire to be a place where all may be touched by beauty, be nourished in their faith and be inspired by truth.
- Beacon of Hope - We commit to welcome everyone with respect and dignity and to provide help and care, especially to those most in need.
- Advocate for Change - We pledge to work toward justice, peace and equality for all and to promote the protection of all of creation.
Our Parish Our Future Parish Strategic Plan 2019-2024
The Basilica of Saint Mary is committed to the future growth of our parish. The Our Parish Our Future plan outlines the three strategic areas of focus for the next five years. This plan builds upon the strong vision, mission, and values the parish has embraced since 2013.
Move, inspire, and transform individuals and communities through excellence in the arts and creative practices.
Build a culture where people feel valued, welcome, integrated, and included.
Respond to the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
These three areas of focus were strategically selected through a comprehensive, contemplative process with our parish leadership, staff, and consultants. The three areas will unify and inspire collaboration across our parish and resonate throughout our commitment to the community.
Unify the work and allocation of resources of the parish
Strengthen our Presence and Partnerships in the Twin Cities:
Invite community-wide participation in our vision and mission.
Focus on increasing participation in our liturgies and ministries, expanding our volunteer leadership and inviting parishioners into full and active participation in the life of the parish and proclamation of the Gospel.
Enhance the Experience of Belonging and Provide Excellence in Ministry:
Welcome everyone as Christ, and offer ministries inspired by the Gospel and relevant in our day.
Steward our Resources:
Manage our human, financial and physical resources to meet changing needs by improving our parish operations including our systems, technology and facilities while ensuring the parish’s financial stability.
What drives our words and actions
Knowing that everything comes from God we seek God’s will in all we do and we find inspiration in the communal and personal search for and experience of God.
Based on our biblical calling we care for all God has entrusted to us including our material and spiritual blessings, our communities, our earth and environment, our relationships and ourselves.
Aware of our shared brokenness we deeply respect all of creation as God’s own and we gratefully welcome all as Christ in our midst as we share hospitality, love, acceptance, and care.
Because Jesus calls us to be one we invite and encourage meaningful interaction among parishioners, our staff and the broader community as we work toward greater understanding and respect for one another.