We look forward to your visit to The Basilica.
More than just a beautiful building, The Basilica of Saint Mary is a gathering place for all those who pass through our doors. It’s a center for the arts, and a place of refuge for the poor. It’s a community committed to the growth and social well-being of the city.
Parking lot under I-94 - West side of the church
- Saturdays and Sundays: free, with the exception of the "reserved" spots closest to Hennepin Ave.
- Parking is also free during funerals, with the exception of the "reserved" spots closest to Hennepin Ave.
- "Reserved parking" spots in this lot are marked as "reserved" and are paid spots for nearby businesses only.
- Mon–Fri: $5.00; $3.00 after 5:00 p.m.; Pay app on-site
- Please note: some spaces are reserved for Handicapped parking.
MCTC parking ramp - East side of the church
- Minneapolis College Parking Ramp
1420 Hennepin Ave S. (north side of Hennepin Ave). Pay at entrance gate.
- $5.00 per day. (Free Easter weekend April 8-9)
MCTC Ramp entrances
- Right turn only from Hennepin Ave. (It is illegal to turn left into the MCTC parking ramp from Hennepin Ave.)
- Right or left turn from Laurel Ave. 1 block north of Hennepin Ave. between 15th and 16th St. on the north side of the building.
N 17th Street One-Way
- Please note: N 17th Street is a one-way street directed North from the traffic circle around the corner to Laurel W Ave directed East.
View Handicapped Parking and Accessibility
Metro Transit Updates
Visit the Metro Transit website for more information.
Information regarding road construction throughout Minneapolis/St. Paul can be found on the Minnesota Department of Transportation's website.
Hours & Location
- Bike to The Basilica - Move Minneapolis Bike Route Map
- Find a bus route using the MTC Trip Planner.
- From the east via I-94: Take the Hennepin/Lyndale exit (Exit 231B). Go North (right) on Lyndale/Hennepin and continue North on Hennepin to N 17th Street.
- From the west via I-94: Take the LyndaleAvenue exit (Exit 231A) toward Hennepin. Stay in the left lane. Turn Left onto Dunwoody Blvd.
- From the west via I-394: Take the Dunwoody Blvd exit (Exit 8A). Go East (right) on Dunwoody Blvd. to N 17thStreet.
- From the south via I-35W: Follow the I-94West exit (Exit 17B). Go North (right) on Lyndale/Hennepin and North on Hennepin to N 17th Street.
- From the north via I-35W: Take I-94 West exit (Exit 17B). Stay in the right lane. Go North (right) on Lyndale/Hennepin and North on Hennepin to N 17th Street.
- Road Construction Updates visit MNDoT website
Plan a Tour
Basilica Campus Map
Discover The Basilica and its history on your own using a detailed tour guide. You’ll find them in the back of the church.
If you plan to tour, please contact The Basilica so we know you are coming. In event, that the availability of the church changes, we can inform you so that you can make other arrangements to tour.
Free tours are available year-round (except holidays and Holy Week). Freewill donations accepted.
- Sundays: Tours are available after the 9:30am and 11:30am Mass on most Sundays.
- Weekdays: Group tours are available by calling 612.317.3438 or submitting a request online.
- Note: No tours on Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.