The Basilica of Saint Mary is a community rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our parishioners, volunteers, staff, and visitors contribute to our 150 events we host each week. As disciples of Jesus Christ we
- Practice biblical stewardship,
- Share our faith with others in word and deed,
- Pursue ecumenical and interfaith relationships,
- Extend Christian hospitality, and
- Rejoice in rich diversity.
Interested in joining our team? Please see the career opportunities below. If no positions are currently open, please consider sharing your talents with us by volunteering in our many programs and activities.
Purpose of Position:
Support the vision, mission and values of The Basilica of Saint Mary and The Basilica Landmark by conducting prospect research, managing development database functions and planning, implementing fundraising appeals and donor relations.
Primary Functions / Duties and Major Activities:
- Develop and implement research strategies and set priorities to prepare for annual appeals and future capital campaigns
- Coordinate all appeals (print and electronic) to create the case and the stories that invite people to donate to The Basilica, The Basilica Landmark and Saint Vincent de Paul Outreach programs
- Manage all appeal segmentation, prospect list management and appeal reporting to maximize donor database and to insure fundraising success for the parish and the Landmark.
- Lead the research and writing of 1-2 grants a year
- Work with the Director of Development, Pastor/Rector, Gift Officers and other staff to develop and implement cultivation and closing strategies for major / leadership donors and prospects
- College degree and experience in a development office, or comparable experience. Experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Prospect Research experience.
- Database management experience specifically Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge 7 (RE7) or comparable database management software.
- Strong analytical skills for research and interpretation of information.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about prospect and donor research, and other department discussions.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and work styles in a small office environment.
- Experience with meeting coordination, communications a plus.
- Experience with grants a plus.
This position may be filled with one full time individual, or two part-time individuals.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and preference for full-time or part-time position, along with resume, to Audra Johnson, Director of Finance and HR, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-time position is eligible for health benefits, 403-B, paid vacation and leave time. Part-time position is eligible for 403-B, paid vacation and leave time.