Our core purpose
"The Basilica of Saint Mary is a community rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ."
As disciples of Jesus Christ we
- Practice biblical stewardship,
- Share our faith with others in word and deed,
- Pursue ecumenical and interfaith relationships,
- Extend Christian hospitality, and
- Rejoice in rich diversity.
As Co-Cathedral of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis we are committed to provide:
- Inspiring liturgies and sacred arts,
- Transforming life-long learning opportunities, and
- Engaging service to one another and justice for all.
What we intend to create
Seek the well-being of the city to which I have sent you. Pray for it to the Lord. For in seeking its well-being, you shall find your own. - Jeremiah 29:7
The Basilica of Saint Mary aspires to be a:
- Home of Spiritual Nourishment - We aspire to be a place where all may be touched by beauty, be nourished in their faith and be inspired by truth.
- Beacon of Hope - We commit to welcome everyone with respect and dignity and to provide help and care, especially to those most in need.
- Advocate for Change - We pledge to work toward justice, peace and equality for all and to promote the protection of all of creation.